Patrick's triumph-faves book montage

Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
Leadership and Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box
Bonds That Make Us Free: Healing Our Relationships, Coming to Ourselves
Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization
Who Moved My Cheese?
The One Minute Manager
The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey
The Greatest Salesman In The World
The Richest Man in Babylon
The Screwtape Letters
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
The Great and Terrible Fury & Light
How to Master the Art of Selling
Man's Search for Meaning
Outliers: The Story of Success
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
The Present : The Secret to Enjoying Your Work And Life, Now!
Think and Grow Rich


Patrick Laing's favorite books »

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quotable Quote: Albert Einstein

I'm realizing how easily life can get in the way when it comes to posting here on this blog consistently. It's difficult when you have a full time job, five children, a business and social life (though I can't say I have much of that these days; the first three keep me very busy). I want to make a commitment, though, today October 25, 2011, that even if it's 2 in the morning and even if it's just a short Quotable Quote like the one I'm sharing with you today, I'm going to post something before going to bed. I know people are enjoying this blog. I'm hearing lots of good feedback. But I need to make sure it's consistent, even if brief. I commit to you to do this with very rare exceptions (if I ever miss it will be for an unavoidable reason like I'm in the hospital, or one of my kids is, or we're on vacation with no Internet, or something like that).

I'm working on several longer posts upcoming--one about my 90+ year-old grandparents, ("Bill and Grace Laing: A Quiet Legacy...."), another about Steve Jobs, founder of Apple ("Our Own Leonardo Davinci...."), a review of a fantastic book I'm reading that you may have read entitled Leadership and Self Deception ("The True Challenge: Triumph Over Ourselves...." I should finish it later this week), a couple of movie reviews and several others I think you'll enjoy and benefit from.

Right now ... I'm dashing out the door to my job as a regional sales trainer here in the Pacific Northwest. I'll write more about that as well, later, but let me send you off for now with a great reminder quote.... Albert Enstein once said, "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." I really like that. A clear characteristic of Triumphant thinkers and doers is their resilience and persistence, their "stick-to-it-ive-ness," as some call it. They just keep on getting back up. We all get discouraged, delayed and knocked down at times. What matters most is what happens next. Those who Triumph get up, dust themselves off, learn from their mistakes, and "get back on that horse" (or bicycle, in this case). They do so with renewed focus, determination and usually a good dose of wisdom and maturity as well.

Resiliency is a wonderful though often painfully-acquired attribute or trait. I hope we can all learn it and develop it more in our lives, and understand it better, hopefully without too much heartache along the way.

I'm off.... Hey, travel safe out there. Talk again soon. JPR

1 comment:

  1. I like Einstein's quote and your brief entry. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete