Patrick's triumph-faves book montage

Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny
Leadership and Self Deception: Getting Out of the Box
Bonds That Make Us Free: Healing Our Relationships, Coming to Ourselves
Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization
Who Moved My Cheese?
The One Minute Manager
The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey
The Greatest Salesman In The World
The Richest Man in Babylon
The Screwtape Letters
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
The Great and Terrible Fury & Light
How to Master the Art of Selling
Man's Search for Meaning
Outliers: The Story of Success
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
The Present : The Secret to Enjoying Your Work And Life, Now!
Think and Grow Rich


Patrick Laing's favorite books »

Friday, February 3, 2012

Tennyson, Travel, Tessha and Triumph

I'm going to make this post short because I'm running out the door to go teach a training class to a bunch of Jacuzzi walk-in bathtub reps here Dallas, Texas. In the last 3 weeks I've been in Denver, Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Little Rock and of course home in Portland, Oregon to see my kids between each trip. In the next 3 weeks I'll be in Portland, Seattle WA, Indianapolis, Atlanta, DC and ... who knows where else? Needless to say, I'm racking up the air miles. And, you know? I'm enjoying the solitude, the time to myself, to write, the seeing new places and meeting new people. I'm enjoying the TRAVEL, though I do miss my kids and miss seeing my girlfriend. It does wear me out every few days or so. 


Skyping with my kids
Like I said in my last post, Emily (my "former wife") and I are getting along pretty well ... the children are doing great ... my job is going well and I'm dating [once again] my sweetheart from over a decade ago. That couldn't be going better (my 5 year old said to her the other day he wants her to "be ours step mom someday."  [sic] She liked the thought.... :0) The kids really seem to like her a lot. We'll see where it goes.... By the way, her name is Tessha.

Alfred Lord Tennyson
As I mentioned, I need to hurry, but let me share with you three quotes I just love that I feel are appropo' to everything going on right now in my life. I hope they are for you as well. Have a great day and "here's to Triumph in all we do."

Jack London
Personally? I know you'll do just fine ... whatever you, yourself, are going through. We're not quitters, right? And tomorrow, a new day, is just a night away.


"Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering 'it will be happier.'" Alfred Lord Tennyson


"Don't loaf and invite inspiration; light out after it with a club." Jack London.

What a great reminder. And finally....

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." Albert Camus.

Albert Camus
I love all three of these Triumph quotes. Have hope ... don't be afraid ... and realize just what you are capable of and just what "lies within you." You can do it. I just know it. The stuff of Triumph.... it's what we're ALL made of. It lies within us ALL. We each have divine potential within. 

Trust me. It is absolutely true.

Until next time ... Patrick-Riv

No comments:

Post a Comment